Enabling the success of students and helping in academic achievement to reach their potential through the implementation of the school curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the school teaching methodology
- Teaching using the provided lesson plans (may also be asked to develop such plans based on provided pacing charts as relevant and needed) for their subject(s) in order to be able to teach using the school point system.
- Marking of exams related to their subject matter in accordance with the schedule and material provided by the department.
- Discussing disciplinary and student performance issues with the Academic Quality Controller and head of department as needed.
- Implementing the school point system to ensure an environment conducive to learning in the classroom.
- Providing support by invigilating exams as needed in an adequate and properly managed exam environment.
- Providing support for the academically low performing students, to help improve and get motivated to reach their potential.
- Develop and/or follow external exams preparation by going through past papers as planned in the structured revision schedule ( When applicable
- Preparing and participating in activity plans for all such student life related events such as but not limited to art, open house and physical education in coordination with the student life coordinator.
- Attending training sessions when needed and as per the request of school management in order to enhance their understanding of the school system improving their performance
- Performing such other related tasks or projects as they arise and as delegated by the school management.
- Bachelor degree in a related subject matter and/or equivalent
- English Proficient / Native English Speaker (depending on subject)
- MS Office needed components
- Communication Skills.
- Ability to work within a team
- Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
- Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates.
We equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non – discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.
Career Number: Kenya00054
Career Type: Teaching & Academics