Enabling the success of students and helping in academic achievement to reach their potential through the implementation of the curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the school teaching methodology.
- Teaching using the provided lesson plans (may also be asked to develop such plans based on provided pacing charts as relevant and needed) for their subject(s) in order to be able to teach using the school point system.
- Marking of assessments relevant to their subject(s).
- Discussing disciplinary and student performance issues with the Academic Quality Controller (AQC) as needed.
- Implementing the school point system to ensure an environment conducive to learning in the classroom.
- Providing support by invigilating exams as needed in an adequate and properly managed exam environment.
- Providing support for the academically low performing students, to help improve and get motivated to reach their potential.
- Attending training sessions when needed and as per the request of school management in order to enhance their understanding of the school system improving their performance
- Managing the report card on quarterly basis by entering the information into the SSMS as well as manually filling an internal report of student performance, all in accordance to instructions of the AQC.
- Preparing and posting students art work on the bulletin boards as planned by the AQC or planned by the teacher and approved by the AQC in all designated areas.
- Preparing and participating in activity plans for all such student life related events such as but not limited to art, open house and physical education in coordination with the AQC.
- Preparing students for the school concerts; for example – but not limited to - singing and performing in front of an audience
- Aiding in duties that may include testing children, substituting for absent teachers , organizing children for lunches and buses, controlling traffic (vehicles and people), and other administrative duties that may be assigned to him/her by the school management
- Performing such other related tasks or projects as they arise and as delegated by the school management
- Bachelor degree in a related subject matter and/or equivalent
- Native English speaking candidates only
- MS Office needed components
- Communication Skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates.
There will be an equal opportunity for all with no discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.
Career Number: Kenya00049
Career Type: Teaching & Academics