Last Updated at: 2021-04-27 23:30:41
The JKF Scholarship Programme is an educational fund set up by The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) to assist bright but needy students in public secondary schools in Kenya.
Applications are received annually from bright and academically promising needy students who meet the minimum eligibility criteria from all counties. Selection is through a rigorous interview process by a panel comprising of the JKF staff, Ministry of Education officials, JKF alumni, and primary school head teachers. Home visits are carried out by the JKF staff, care caution taken to have staff visit regions other than their home areas for purposes of objectivity and impartiality.
JKF is concerned about the success of its beneficiaries through school-based and group mentorship. Beneficiaries get support through encouragement on academic performance and life skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The JKF Board of Directors reserves the right to withdraw, at any time and from time to time, any scholarship awarded to a holder if the holder does not attain an average mark of 50% in his terminal examination in each year, and/or has double sponsorship.
2. A candidate in respect of whom a scholarship is withdrawn will not be eligible for the re-award of a scholarship.
3. Scholarship once awarded, unless withdrawn, will be tenable in respect of any candidate for a period of four years only.
4. A scholarship awarded to a candidate is not transferable to any other candidate whatsoever.
5. To avoid delays in payments of fees, timely returns of school receipts, termly reports, and annual fee structures should be forwarded to JKF by the beneficiary.
6. Transfer of JKF scholarship beneficiaries from one school to another shall only be effected with the written approval of the Foundation. Scholarship beneficiaries in day-school shall be sponsored for lunch programme in day-school for the full four (4) year term.
7. KCPE marks shall be confirmed from KNEC before award of scholarship. (Attach a true copy of result slip).
8. Any applicant who gives false information or submits fake documents in support of the request of scholarship shall be liable to disqualification and prosecution.
9. After completing secondary education, the beneficiaries should join the JKF Alumni Association which contributes funds to educating bright but needy students.
10. By applying for the JKF Scholarship, the candidate and their guardian agree that if awarded the scholarship, the beneficiary’s personal information may be announced publicly and used to promote the scholarship programme.
Note: • All spaces of this form should be filled, otherwise the application will not be considered.
• All forms to be received on or before 10th December 2019. Late applicants will not be considered.
• A certified copy of the KCPE results slip MUST be attached.
• Evidence of being an orphan or from a needy background.
• A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate MUST be attached.
• Filling of this form does not guarantee scholarship/bursary awards.
• If no communication by 20th January 2020, consider yourself unsuccessful.
• Persons with disabilities and persons living positively are encouraged to apply.
Tampere University, Finland Opportunity For Students From Elgeyo Marakwet County
MMUST Talent Scholarship for 2021/2022 Academic Year
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES IN BRAZIL FOR THE YEAR 2022